What is being proposed?
The development will include up to 400 dwellings, a small local centre, open space and a community park, with access from a new roundabout off Island Road. The site consists of two areas, the upper plateau where the homes will be constructed and the lower plateau where the community park will be located.
This plan illustrates our initial ideas about how a new development could work. The masterplan overleaf shows:
- A proposed new access off Island Road;
- New pedestrian accesses on to Island Road;
- A local centre (likely to comprise a small shop and nursery) located close to existing and proposed residential areas;
- Residential development in the upper part of the site (approximately 400 dwellings);
- A central park and play area; and
- Public open space in the lower part of the site.